About the position:
Type: Independent Contractor, full-time
Disability Without Poverty is seeking a dynamic individual with lived experience and commitment to disability justice to support movement building and momentum around the Canada Disability Benefit in Alberta.
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong spoken and written communication skills including being comfortable speaking with politicians and the media.
- Be able to organize in-person and online events in Alberta.
- Be required to build relationships on the ground, engage diverse stakeholders and support a united voice in the province around meaningfully reducing poverty for people with disabilities.
The successful candidate will have to:
- Create a provincial work plan that is in conjunction with the DWP National strategic plan
- Manage the workplan
- Be flexible with a fast-moving, ever-changing federal-provincial-territorial strategy toward the implementation of the Canada Disability Benefit.
If you have a combination of education and experience in advocacy, outreach, communication, government relations, public relations, accessibility, and you are a resident of Alberta, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 15th, 2023.